Actually, that last one about Leo is a bit overblown: historians seem to think it was the little wagon load of gold he carried to Attila (and the dysentary his men were suffering from) that had the most impact on the Little Father (aka 'Attila').
Another beautiful and uplifting story marred over punctilious historians!
8 comments:
Not a long list! ...were you planning to add more? And should one consider this a virtue, or a vice?
No, that's it. As far as I know.
I think it's mostly a virtue.
Best. List. Ever.
I concur.
Thanks guys! :)
It's right up there with the List of Popes Who Stared Down Attila The Hun!
1. Leo I.
Actually, that last one about Leo is a bit overblown: historians seem to think it was the little wagon load of gold he carried to Attila (and the dysentary his men were suffering from) that had the most impact on the Little Father (aka 'Attila').
Another beautiful and uplifting story marred over punctilious historians!
(but I like your list)
Aw shucks! :-( Oh well.
Post a Comment